maybe its just me

George Curtis

TVWBB Olympian
but i find i have more affinity for the webers that are in really bad shape that i rescue than
the ones i find in near new condition on the cheap. don't get me wrong, i love all of them
but was just cleaning a super badly damaged sj that i rescued and rebuilt a few years ago
and i realized that i had more feelings for this one than i did for the perfect ones i had.
kinda strange in one way but then understandable in another. anyway, my thought for the day.

I'm sorta similar. I got a really good deal on a 26 kettle that was returned to the seller, and it's still in the box. On the flip side, I traded a kettle rotisserie for what I now know is a Q-200, 2008 edition. The guy told me the burner didn't fully work, and gave me a price to buy one at Lowes. Nope! I cleaned it, scrubbed the burner tube holes out, and fired her up! I found a 4 foot hose and adapter at Walmart so I could use 20# tanks, and I love this grill. I use it more than any other, and now that I've registered it with Weber and have a manual, I plan to clean out the burner and work on the ignition!

Totally understand George. When I found my Genny Silver A on CL I was a little disappointed that they had taken such good care of it. I was hoping for more of a project.

Back