Maybe it will be available here!!!

http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Larry1953j/library/Rotisserie

Got a chance to try the new Q rotisserie on the q 320. Cooked a 5lb bird outside burner only at about 350. Turned out tasty. The motor that came with this is amazing. Totally silent. I have never had a weber motor that didnt whine fairly loudly. The fit inside the grill is fairly tight and has 4 tabs that lock inside the grate. 1 at each front corner and 1 and the end of each wing. It is pretty solid. The problem I saw on an earlier post with the motor riding up on its bracket is caused by a small amount of flex in the insert. I am still working on that. All in All I like it and will be using it a lot. The measure in the front middle is 8 1/8th. Front corners are7 & 1/2. At the auger shaft the height is 5 3/4".

Thanks for the pictures Larry, too bad Weber doesn't listen to their customers, instead they make us put up with what they offer here in the states and that's supposed to be good enough. Be interesting to see how many Q300 series cookers they have sold in the states so far. If one owner out of 20 bought the rotisserie, I'd think that would be a good reason to offer it here in the US.....

Near where I live in Bradenton, We have an old school electronics shop. The guys in there know their stuff.Very different than radio shack. Any way for 12$ he sold me a down converter for the unit. the difference between 50-60 hrz is small, but it causes the motor to turn at a different speed than it would normally. It is not noticable from my other rotiserries. Weber customer service has been good to me over the years, but like any large company I dont think they will market or sell anything w/o a whole lot of profit in it. You and I love this stuff, but the average burger burner in my neighborhood would never consider spending for bbq gadgets. Just my .002cents

I'm finally getting around to posting some pictures of the Q300 rotisserie unboxing. I ordered mine from The Barbecue Store in Spain and it took about 2 weeks for it to arrive. I paid 209 Euros including shipping to Jacksonville, Florida. I'm sure I could have found it cheaper if I had kept looking, but the guy I was dealing with in Spain was very helpful and since I've never purchased anything overseas using PayPal, I decided to just go for it.

Package came wrapped in gift wrap.

IMG_0910 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Package Front

IMG_0911 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Package Back

IMG_0912 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Package Side

IMG_0913 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Contents

IMG_0915 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Rotisserie Motor Front

IMG_0916 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Plug

IMG_0917 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Rotisserie Motor Back

IMG_0918 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Spit Rod

IMG_0919 by e4dorla, on Flickr

All The Goodies

IMG_0922 by e4dorla, on Flickr

I found a Weber rotisserie basket on Craigslist and I bought it hoping that it would work on the Q300 rotisserie. While it fits great across the stainless steel shield and mounts up to the rotisserie motor, the basket knocks into the Q300 lid when closed.

Last edited:
Here are some photos from my first cook with the Q300 rotisserie attachment.

First, I let the grill come up to 400 degrees.

IMG_1081 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Temperature of the stainless steel rotisserie shield front.

IMG_1084 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Temperature of the Q300 aluminum top lid.

IMG_1085 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Temperature of the stainless steel rotisserie shield right side.

IMG_1086 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Temperature of the stainless steel rotisserie shield left side.

IMG_1087 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Weather conditions as I was using the rotisserie.

IMG_1089 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Photo collage of my chicken.

IMG_0392 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Right tab for rotisserie shield.

IMG_1128 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Rotisserie motor with spit.

IMG_1129 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Spit on right side of rotisserie shield.

IMG_1131 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Having used the Q300 rotisserie attachment one time now, I think it works pretty good, but initially I had problems where the spit rod was "sliding out" and coming unseated from the motor while it was running. I finally figured out to slide the rotisserie shield right side tab over one more notch on the cast iron grill surface and that put enough pressure on the spit rod on the right side to hold it in place.

I knew that the rotisserie motor had a European plug, so I tried buying a simple travel converter for electric shavers, but it wasn't able to do the proper 220V to 110V conversion correctly so it wouldn't operate.

Fortunately, I had another rotisserie motor that I got when I purchased the rotisserie basket off Craigslist and it works A-OK.

The chicken turned out delicious, but the skin wasn't crispy like I was hoping for. This is a major bummer for me as I also own a Traeger pellet smoker, and I can't get that to crisp up chicken or turkey skin either.

Last edited:
Really nice to see how it cooks. That chicken looks great!!!
I'm sure you will learn as you use it some more,
Keep us posted!!!

For the past few weeks, I've been pretty busy with work, but I made a point to get out and use the Q300 rotisserie for a second time this weekend.

For tonight's dinner, I prepared a boneless pork loin roast that had been brined, rubbed, and maple syrup glazed.

The full recipe can be found here: http://www.dadcooksdinner.com/2009/07/rotisserie-boneless-pork-loin-roasts.html

Fired up the Weber Q300 to 400 degrees and put on the spit loaded with the roast.

photo by e4dorla, on Flickr

First picture was just after applying olive oil, dry rub, salt, and pepper.

Second picture was after 30 minutes at 400 to 450 degrees in the grill and instant read thermometer read 90F for meat temp.

Third picture was after 40 minutes, and instant read thermometer read 144F for meat temp.

At 144F, I pulled the meat off the rotisserie and let it rest under foil for 10 minutes.

Picture below shows light pink area and how tender and juicy it was on the inside.

image by e4dorla, on Flickr

Overall, it was a tasty meal, but again like the chicken before, the outer skin of the roast wasn't crispy. This by far is my biggest disappointment with this setup. I guess the Q300 just can't get hot enough like a Summit. LOL

I had no problems this time around with the rotisserie spit slipping out like it did with my first cook. As I said above, I just slid the rotisserie shield right side tab over one more notch on the cast iron grill surface and that put enough pressure on the spit rod on the right side to hold it in place.

Enjoy!

Back