Max temp in a Bullet

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

What's the highest temperature I should expect to see in a bullet? I guess the conditions would be the charcoal chamber fully loaded with fully-lit Kingsford, vents all open...

...no water or sand in pan, either.

Using the normal configuration, I would say 400-450*F. Now, if you're in a grilling configuration, it could be as high as 750*F.

Regards,
Chris

On one occasion, using lump charcoal, no pan, vents fully open, with the WSM sitting in full sun on a hot summer day (100*+) I attained an upper grill temp of over 650*F.
Unfortunately, this was not intentional. I was otherwise distracted, and I failed to pay proper attention. I wanted a high temp, but not that high.
It took a while to get things under control so I could add the meat. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Jim

425 is the highest I've run my WSM in closed configuration for any length of time. (No water pan, 2 chimneys of Kingsford, and VERY close watch kept.)

In a grilling configuration with the charcoal actually on the lower cooking grate and the steaks on the upper cooking grate, my Taylor grill-top thermometer told me that I was at 750 right on the top grill.

Keri C
Smokin on Tulsa Time

Cooking indirect with an empty water pan using Kingsford, I can hit 340-350 running wide open consistantly. Have not gone above that this way and really don't need to with what I am cooking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back