maverick thermometer help

Brian J

TVWBB Fan
i just received my maverick et-73 in the mail today and i don't think it's working properly. does anyone know how frequently the transmitter supposed to send a signal? also the smoker and food temps are running 2 - 3 degrees different.

Hey Brian,
Lots of discussion on the Maverick.
Look here.
Also do a little searching for "maverick" or "et73", etc.

--
Charles

You might be a redneck if...
You’re an expert on worm beds.

If you are really that worried about it (I wouldn't be) call their customer service on monday and talk with them.

They have truely remarkable customer service and support.

regards
Brentley

When there are changes in the smoker temp and meat temp, it sends signals rather frequently. When there aren't any changes, you'll notice more infrequent signals to the receiver.

If you aren't getting any updates, then you have a signal problem. In that case, do as Brentley suggested and call their customer service. Or if it is a range problem and you feel ambitious, check out the marathon post that Charles Howse links to above.

thanks. i am getting updates but was expecting them more frequently. it appears that it sends a signal every three minutes when there are no changes to report.

i haven't cooked with the new thermometer yet, that'll happen this weekend when i cook four butts.

Back