Maverick ET732 probes

M Rose

TVWBB Member
About to pull the trigger on a new maverick et732 and I notice the stock probes are 3 ft long. Looks like they got 6 ft probes available for upgrade around $30 for 2. I can see where the extra 3 feet would come in handy, but $30 seems rather steep. Is this upgrade really worth it??

I have the Maverick with original probes and am fine with the length. I have a 26.5 and a performer I use for longer cooks and use the performer's grill table to place the maverick on.

Both of my stock probes crapped out, but the 6' replacements are doing well. It would be nice having an extra set in case a probe decides to go haywire mid cook.

I just used one a 732 for the first time yesterday and the standard length probes were perfect. I set the unit on a small table next to the cooker and had more than enough cable length. When my probes do fail, I'll replace them with the 6' cables but I don't see it as a necessity right out of the box.

I'm a new buyer of the ET732 also and I noticed how short the standard probes are, I wished I would have gotten the longer ones especially when I probe the bottom cooking grate. However they work just fine and I'm $30.00 richer.

I have the stock 3' probes and they work great. I would suggest to put a table next to smoker, also be careful not to kink the probe leads with the lid. Look in the modification forum for cool options ( i notched the side with drummel ). Also read instructions closely about cleaning. Enjoy..

I have the stock 3' probes and they work great. I would suggest to put a table next to smoker, also be careful not to kink the probe leads with the lid. Look in the modification forum for cool options ( i notched the side with drummel ). Also read instructions closely about cleaning. Enjoy..

Yeah I think I am just going to cut a slit on the body with an angle grinder like in some other posts instead. seems like it will be easier than going through the grommets....but until then i was planning on using it with the lid on top. so this isnt a good idea??

I bought the 6' probes and have never looked back. Especially if you run the probe thru the vent hole.

Mark

Back