maverick et73?

Glenn Fleming

TVWBB Fan
sup folks?

just got the maverick et73 in the mail today, looks like thru the top vent is the easiest way too place the probe?? butcher did not come thru with the Waygu, so gonna do a small brisket on the kettle.. cant wait too try the maverick out, should be a great Labor Day off, first one since 2004!!! Shiner Bock and Brisket.. let it Roll!!!

later glenn in SC

I usually run my leads under the lid, but I know some guys go through the top vent. I prefer under the lid because it makes it less of a hassle if you need to remove the lid to turn or baste your meat. Haven't had any issues so far with the lid putting a kink in the leads. Good luck and good smoke.

I agree with Russ under the lid is fine, I have done it for quite some time on my WSM until I got the eyelids from bbq guru.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave O:
I agree with Russ under the lid is fine, I have done it for quite some time on my WSM until I got the eyelids from bbq guru. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the reminder I need to order some eyelits for the new WSM!!!!

I wouldn't run under the lid to avoid the pinch hazard.

Personally, I just removed one of the upper grate bolts and ran my leads through there. There is more than enough support from the other upper bolts and the lower bolt. And, after some usage, there is enough gunk build up to 'glue' the brackets in place.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TravisH:
I wouldn't run under the lid to avoid the pinch hazard.

Personally, I just removed one of the upper grate bolts and ran my leads through there. There is more than enough support from the other upper bolts and the lower bolt. And, after some usage, there is enough gunk build up to 'glue' the brackets in place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There you go Travis, making life simple.
icon_biggrin.gif
Thats a great idea. Bet I'm not the only one on here thinking, "Why didn't I think of that?
89.gif

Back