Maverick et-732 vs et-733

LouisV

Hi all, just built up the nerve to join and post but been a reader for some time.

I'm looking to add the maverick temp monitor to my bbq arsenal but had a question... is the new model, the maverick 733 worth the extra money or should I go with the tried and true 732?

I've noted the delicate probe posts and dont believe maverick upgraded these for the new model...

I started out with the 733 and love it. I've been careful with the probes, but not overly careful. Got a good deal on some extra 3' hybrid probes, so not as worried about taking care of them. Kindof doing a "durability" test... Just to see how they hold up. So far, holding up great.

Unit itself has preformed exactly as I expected, no issues at all. BBQ area is outside my walkout basement... Can roam around all three floors of house, and in front of the house, and still have strong signal from the transmitter. That's a lot of concrete and other solid mass... Keep tabs on the smoker and meat temps while doing anything else around he house and yard.

I'll sometimes use 3 or 4 probes at a time. One on the rack, two or three in different hunks of meat. Just swap out the plugs at the unit, leave everything intact inside the smoker.

As to your question of 733 vs 732... I can't really say, since the 733 was my first. No clue what extra features it has, or if they're worth the price difference. I'm sure either would be great. I read and researched on this before I bought mine, and everyone seemed to be really high on the Maverick's over other brands. So far, I'd have to agree... Love mine! It just frees you up to do other things OR allows you to putter around the grill and enjoy the process. I really like it for the cold weather cooks. Stay inside nice and toasty, let the remote keep you abreast of what's going on outside. I guess in the end, I went with the 733, with the Justin Case Rule of decisions... No plan on learning any of the advanced functionality, but I'll have the option to use them, just in case I ever want to.

Last edited:
Owned my 732 for a couple yrs. just replaced the grate probe..I think it got submerged in the sink by the SWMBO....

Back