Maverick et-73 updates

Hal V

TVWBB Member
Does anybody know how often a mavrick et-73 should update on the receiver ????? would 2-3 minutes sound ok ?

i losened the lid on the wires and now its updating every 10 seconds from 210 back to 250 on the grate......

could it have been the pressure on the wires or just hte fact that the temps werent moving enough for the unit to send out an update ?

I always forget which therm does what. I think the 73 updates every 30 secs regardless of temp change or not.

I'm pretty sure that the ET-73 only updates when there's a temperature change. Mine has stayed at one temp for at least 15 minutes, only to update later when the temperature changed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm pretty sure that the ET-73 only updates when there's a temperature change. Mine has stayed at one temp for at least 15 minutes, only to update later when the temperature changed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ok cool, that is what im seeing as well. if the temp changes rapidly (starting up, opening lid, etc) it updates quickly. Else it is lagging behind the transmitter by a minute or so if the temps are holding pretty steady..

one less thing now to worry about, now if the rain would just go away

Honestly, I think each one behaves differently, depending on the unit/receiver. I have two ET-73's and use them simultaneously quite often. One updates every 10 secs. and the other one updates when it dang well feels like it. LOL! And get this .... last week I was using both 73's to measure the grate temp on both levels of my WSM. So for a while I had a single smoker temp readout on each ET-73. I then added a meat probe to Maverick #1 (I have them marked) to measure the outside/weather temp. So Maverick #1 receiver started displaying two temps, (outside and grate). After awhile the readouts switched completely! I was now getting two temp displays on receiver #2 and only one readout on #1. Follow me? I had heard this could happen and now I believe it. No biggie for my cook because I could tell when it switched due to the different readouts on both remotes. And it started reading the lower grate temp higher than the upper grate temp and I knew that was wrong. So had warning signs. I'd imagine that situation could've gotten ugly had I been measuring meat temps that needed to be done at different temps/times and the ET's had switched signal then. I'll be keeping a closer eye on them from this point. But I still wouldn't cook without em.

Rick

I am convinced, based on personal experimentation, that trying to use multiple wireless thermometers (ET-73 and NuTemp) at the same time (with all of the tramsmitters near each other) makes all the units much less reilable. I only use one at a time now.

Back