Maverick ET-73 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
He thinks it's a possiblity. I have hung the transmitter off the top handle of the kettle, and I have hooked it onto the fuel door knob. I can't find any other way to do it with the current length of the wires without making some sort of modification to the WSM.

I think I now see his concern. I think heat radiating from the WSM at that close proximity, could affect the unit, whether it be operation, transmission (?), or longevity at some point down the road. I find my charcoal chimney to be a nice holder for my Polder-- which has a magnet on the back-- or even a nearby patio table or chair.

Welp, I've used the unit several more times and I must say...it's VERY convenient. Gonna try a long run with pork shoulder tomorrow, but my run with ribs gave accurate temps the whole time and made for a tasty dinner! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'm not having any trouble mounting the little wire hanger on the Xmitter on the side of the WSM, between the lip of the smoker and the lid. I just hold the wire hanger in position as I'm closing the lid and the xmitter is then held out about an inch, parallel to the side of the WSM. I don't think it's getting too hot, or it would've malfunctioned by now I'd think. I think I lose a little smoke under the lid, but I'd lose that anyway because of the lead wires. As a matter of fact, I think that using the wire holder in this manner (whilst running the lead wires right next to it) saves the leads from getting crimped too much. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back