Maverick ET-73 for $32

Sounds like a good price. I wonder if the probes will fit through a guru eyelet? My Weber remote stopped working yesterday and I'm in the market.

Thanks. I'm wondering if those 2 probes are the same. One is called a ET-73 Dual Probe and the other is a ET-73 Redicheck. Wonder what the difference is and whether the probes will fit through a bbqguru eyelet. The ET-732 apparently will not. I have two of those eyelets in my WSM. I run my digi probes through one of them. The Weber (now not working) went through the other.

I think they are the same just one is sold by a 3rd party. How did the Weber work? I found a Weber Style 6438 new on ebay for 21.99 shipped

J,
The Weber worked great until it just stopped receiving a signal. It was right on with my digi probe. The problem is that it's only about 8 months old. The digi seems to be accurate but I like to have the remote so I can go inside.

Hey Gary did you just change the batteries in your weber? I see that it will not read if you change the batteries and dont reset the unit

J,
Yes, I did change the batteries and no I didn't hit the reset buttons. I just did and everything is back to normal. Out of the Maverick market for the time being.
Thanks,
Gary

J,
I've read where they aren't real accurate and don't hold up well. I have a thermapen and a digi and my weber is within a couple of degrees of them after a few minutes. I did a butt on Wednesday or Thursday (the day my Weber quit) and had both the weber and digi in the meat. Last time I checked before the Weber quit) they were one degree apart. Mine is accurate.

I think what happened on my weber was that it shut off automatically after 8 hours. The manual says it'll do that if no buttons are pushed for 8 hours. I thought my batteries were bad and changed them. I forgot about the reset buttons. I got my manual out but couldn't read the small print without my glasses.

I don't know what your set up is, but it's much easier to run the probe through a hole in upper part of the midsection than through the vent holes in the lid. It's a pain to keep the probe in while removing the lid.

I use the bbq guru eyelets, which go through the bolt holes of the midsection and don't require drilling. Those eyelets are too small for the Maverick ET-732 but I think the ET-73 probes will fit but not sure. There are other setups described in the Operating mods section of the website.

http://www.thebbqguru.com/prod...282-per-pack%29.html

Gary,

I used a Maverick ET-73 for quite some time as well as a Digi-Q DX. I installed two Guru eyelets and could get the two Maverick probes thru one eyelet and the two Guru probes thru the other.
I picked up an ET-732 only to find out that neither of the probes would go thru the eyelet. There is a much wider crimp on the probe tips where they join the probe leads making it impossible to pass thru. I called Guru and they said they would investigate and possible modify the diameter of their eyelets. I may be mistaken, but I think Cajun Bandit is offering a new eyelet to address this issue.
I ended up using a threaded lamp repair shaft from Lowes. I can pass all four of my probes thru that one opening which makes for a neater fit by keeping all probes leads together.

Yep the Cajun Bandit has them for the ET-732

from their website:
NOTE: The 1/4" grommets aren't big enough for the probes of the popular Maverick ET-732 remote thermometer. The 3/8" grommets will house 4 - 6 probes

Thanks guys, I'm okay for now that my Weber is back in action but this is useful information.

I may want to consider whether to go with the ET-73 and use my existing non-digi guru eyelet or go with the ET-732 and add a 3/8" Cajun grommet or some other modification.

Back