Marlbro Wooden Handles

James Lake

TVWBB Emerald Member
I purchased a Weber propain (yes I know propane) go anywhere grill brand new. All I wanted was the wooden handles for my charcoal go any charcoal grill. The handles have Marlbro on them has anyone ever heard of this. I purchased the grill for $25.00, I've swapped the handles and I'm going to put the propain grill on CL for $30.00.

IMAG1457_zpsjjwq9wag.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG1456_zpsvei22em1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I've never been a smoker, but I still like the wooden handles.

I was a nicotine junkie for 35+ years. I hate cigarettes so much that I don't think I could have anything with a Marlboro logo.

More than likely, this was from some kind of Marlboro Points program at one time or another. They used to run promotions where you earned Marlboro points for killing yourself with their products. If you lived long enough, you could redeem the points for cool promo gifts -- like a Weber Go Anywhere Grill with the Marlboro logo..... :)

Harold is right, Marlboro had a point redemption program in the late 80's early 90's and I had, still have, some of the items they offered, I had the CGA and used the hell out of it till a handle finally rusted off after nearly 9 years of intense use. Still have the massive gear bag, zero degree mummy bag, day pack and use all of the items as often as I can. I missed that CGA enough to buy an AD code unit 2 months ago and then found a wood handled P code about a week later that reminded me exactly of that old CGA, just hope it holds up as well..:)

Marlboro Miles! lol, I collected zip lock bags of those but I never redeemed them.. Had a few friends (and a girlfriend's dad) who collected them, I wound up with an ash tray etc.

marlboro-miles-catalogue.jpg

Last edited:

Back