Marlboro go anywhere Weber!!!

Pick it up and I'll send you out this:

morningfires.jpg

It's in excellent condition, just PM me your address.

wow I used to save the miles when i was a smoker. I got the poker table and some nice pullovers. Memories.

I still have the duffel bag. For promotional stuff, it was really high quality items.

The grill is 140 mile round trip. He accepted my $50 offer but I backed off after GPSing his address. Do you guys think this grill is worth a road trip of 140 miles? If I buy it should I just keep as a time capsule or use the darn thing?

Jim, I had a guy from Indiana drive to Wisconsin to pick up a CharQ from me. Probably 200 miles. If you really want the thing, get it. But, I would probably look at it as a collectors item and not use it. Get yourself a Q1200 if you want a small portable grill to actually cook on.

Ya I just think its cool but I am not a believer in collecting stuff to keep around forever just for it to go up in value 20 or 30 bucks. I have a pontoon boat that I am restoring and I am looking for the perfect grill for the boat. Since I started the Weber hobby I have picked up 4 Weber Q's. I really scored on the first one I got which was a 1200 and I got it for $20 with stand!! So that is likely gunna be the perfect boat grill. I also have a stainless steel marine grill which is all the rage in the boating industry ...they cost a ton of money for what they are and they feel flimsy and cheap compared to a Q. The Marlboro grill is cool because of how light and portable it would be. Im no chef so i will only be cooking burgers and dogs on the boat.
The Weber collectors item I want is the Weber Flame 27000.....gotta get me one

Sounds like you got it all figured out except for how to get the darn Flame 27000. I was looking for one for a couple years but I got a great deal on a large SS fire ring and decided that was going to suffice. I really didn't want a flame taking up space on the deck any way.
But, good luck in your search. They do pop up from time to time, but it is tough finding them in good shape and complete and for a reasonable price.

Ya I look daily on Facebook and all I have seen so far is the whatcha call it??? House hook up style. But now I am thinking ...hey...I have a gas fire place and gas furnace and since the gas style Flame appears to be available maybe I will just have a gas line added to my house line then I can get a brand new Flame. Now I have never tried to actually purchase the gas flame on the site its on so I wonder if it is really available or this is just an old site that hasnt removed it.....hope some of that made sense...

The Flame hasn't been in production for quite a few years as far as I know. There may be some old stock out there, but I would be very skeptical of any site still selling them.

Yep I just checked those site again and the liquid propane is gone.......I replied to one seller a while back to see if I could convert his LP to Propane and he said they didnt sell a conversion.......so its been a little while but I believe he had some stock as crazy as that sounds.....but again only of the LP

I would have to look at the flame, but my guess is that they used a lot of parts on it that came directly from their gas grills and it could be that you could grab parts off an LP grill to convert it. Basically you would just need the valves.

Back