Marinated flap steak served on ciabatta with fresh roasted peppers and rocket salad (arugula)

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Olympian
Staying along the lines of Mediterranean food, I marinated 1.5 full flap steaks from the 5 pack Cryovac.

1726447063583.jpeg

Retail pack was $11.99#. Bulk is always less expensive at Costco.

Onto a warm grill smoking up some red wine oak barrel stave.

1726447127711.jpeg

Made a side of Greek salad

1726447159449.jpeg

Costco sells authentic Greek feta in salt brine, imported from Greece 🇬🇷

1726447199975.jpeg

Fire roasted 6 peppers this morning and one eggplant 🍆 too

1726447235376.jpeg

Whipped up this babaganoush from the roasted eggplant

1726447303898.jpeg

Will serve the steak sliced, onto toasted ciabatta with the roasted peppers, sliced red onion and rocket salad (arugula).

Not sure of the drink yet. Maybe red wine or come suds.

Good Lord, Brett! Just amazing! If I had room in the freezer, I'd be heading out post haste for a bulk pack of flap! You're eating good, as always, mate!

R

Good Lord, Brett! Just amazing! If I had room in the freezer, I'd be heading out post haste for a bulk pack of flap! You're eating good, as always, mate!

R
Thanks! Very few restaurants get me as excited as my own. I wound up freezing three ziplocks of 3.5-4.5# for future cooks. This is my carne asada beef too. These sacks will last me likely through winter. It’s just the wife and I and the occasional daughter these days. So these larger packs I make are for company cooks.

No seasoning? It does look good thou,
SPG, oregano, thyme, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, avo oil. marinated for 4 hours then smoked for 40 minutes until 100-110F then seared over JD lump. pulled at 140F as the steaks maintained a lot of juiciness. let them rest 10 mins, tented, then thinly sliced and served.

you could also marinate these in SPG, thyme, oregano and red wine of your choosing.

the flap meat is lean and as a nice bite through without being tough or chewy.

even pickled red onions on each sandwhich would go well too.

note, the ciabatta rolls were grilled/toasted so they had a good foundation as these sandwiches can get soggy with the roasted peppers. the toasting enables the bread to hold up without falling apart when consuming.

Back