Maple Leaf Charcoal

Brian, I have used both the Lump and the Briqs. I have not seen the Lump for sale in the U.S. for over 2 years probably closer to 3. I sent an email to WickedGood last year asking about it and he said they haven't carried it in almost 3 years. That's where i had bought it from. I loved the lump, it was outstanding. When i bought it i had got 6 20 lb bags of lump and 3 20 lb bags of the Briqs so that got me through the first year or so. The Briqs burned great, but i'm a lump man. I know a couple of places still sell the Briqs but no lump. Not sure but i think Shawn W uses it.

Brian, I use Maple Leaf briquettes all the time. They burn really good. I've used Kingsford before and I think Maple Leaf burns hotter and longer. Definitely give it a try. I haven't tried the lump yet, although it's sold at a number of stores around here.

Chris

still haven't tried ML briqs ... but I will someday ... I bought quite a bit ML lump late last year that I will be using for some time yet ...

what I will be buying soon now that it's back in stock is some more of Loblaw chain's cheap yellow bag briquettes for starting my ML Lump Minion Method cooks

Back