Make Weber Connect Better

Lew Newby

R.I.P. 1/26/2024
I'm starting this on the off chance that Weber sometimes monitors TVWBB and might take on board something we say. This is not meant to be a bash Weber thread but instead I hope we can give Weber OUR wish list. This is the fifth food temp monitoring app I've used and they all started out miserable. I don't need the automatic cooking program so I don't use it but I want to be able to navigate around the app without guessing what the icons mean. I want to look at my phone and see all temperatures it's reading and I don't want the bottom half of my pit temp obscured. I would love to see a temp graph.

I'm hoping that those of you with much more experience with Weber Connect will chime in here. What needs changing, improved, or added?

The temp logging and graphing is coming. Weber mentioned it in a review comment for the app over at the Google Play Store.

Another thing I want is a temp reading when using smoke boost. That's what my setting will be for smoking Jerky and I want to know what the temperature is. I understand that Weber doesn't want us to see the wide temp swings but that just goes with operating a pellet grill on max smoke.

I bought a Smoke from thermoworks right before I got the SF, figured I’d never use it. Boy was I wrong

When the smoker is active, the app should default to the screen with the temps and timers. It is almost as though they are expecting you to have multiple cookers or something. Also, I should be able to restart, edit, or make a new timer in the app. Instead all I can do it cancel it.

**EDIT** Overall I think the app has plenty of potential. I also like that I can use temp probes in a nice and neat fashion with the controller. They just need to work on the usability (UI)

I agree with that. It takes long cables to use probes on the left side of the grill.

An update came out 2 days ago. I fired it up and the update was ready to install. After going through the steps and 30 minutes of looking at the install screen telling me to go through the steps I started it up and did some Jerky. The app never told me the update was installed but once I figured out how to check software versions I found that the latest update was installed. They still don't have that right and information on the subject is very sparse on the Weber site.,

Monitoring grill temps during smoke boost is easy go buy an iGrill ambient temperature probe, and plug it into an unused probe port on the Smokefire. You can watch the grill temp all day without the exponential filter to see what temperature your grill is at. The Smokefire will display any temp probe you have plugged in during smoke boost.

Monitoring grill temps during smoke boost is easy go buy an iGrill ambient temperature probe, and plug it into an unused probe port on the Smokefire. You can watch the grill temp all day without the exponential filter to see what temperature your grill is at. The Smokefire will display any temp probe you have plugged in during smoke boost.
YUP! It doesn't have to be an ambient probe. I use one of the meat probes when using SmokeBoost.

ok --- I am thinking the WebberConnect app would work 100% better if Weber would provide better imagery within their app. What is that greenery to the left of the grill and are those beans on the right? Just doesn't look right for a BBQ grill app. We don't put any greens with our BBQ let alone try to dress it up any. Why not put some burgers or a brisket on there instead. :D

ok --- I am thinking the WebberConnect app would work 100% better if Weber would provide better imagery within their app. What is that greenery to the left of the grill and are those beans on the right? Just doesn't look right for a BBQ grill app. We don't put any greens with our BBQ let alone try to dress it up any. Why not put some burgers or a brisket on there instead. :D

Sprig of Rosemary and some peppercorns I think.

ok - I guess I am pretty dense. Just doesn't seem like this an appropriate picture...Where is the salt? Oh, it's there just not showing up on the white background ;) Anyways... it looks lame compared to all their other marketing pictures for the SmokeFire.

Back