Made some Jerk Chicken on the Performer tonight!

Jerk Chicken Thighs marinated 20 hours & Accented w/ a smoke foil pack of Cherry wood chips, Allspice Berries, Bay Leaves, Thyme & Rosemary. Cooked indirect @ 350* to 165* IT. Then charred direct for couple minutes to crisp up skin. Turned out great. Moist, tender & very flavuorful.

Attachments

• KLEA3230.JPG
    KLEA3230.JPG
    280.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0477.JPG
    IMG_0477.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4135.JPG
    IMG_4135.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4136.JPG
    IMG_4136.JPG
    271.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4138.JPG
    IMG_4138.JPG
    271.2 KB · Views: 26
That looks fantastic, Bill! I've never made (nor eaten) Jerk Chicken, but I think I should try! One of my favorite things to grill are thighs! Nice work.

Rich

Rich, thanks for the kind words. I'd never had Jerk Chicken either until I decided to try it on a whim a few years ago, and found I love it! It's very flavorful, and typically very spicy as well. But the beauty of making it yourself of course, is you are able to tailor the spice/heat level to your liking! And yes I agree, thighs are my favorite cut of chicken to cook as well, very moist, flavorful and forgiving of IT!

Last edited:
Yeah I was gonna say my wife makes a jerk chicken almost every week! Food does look good though.

That looks Great and sounds like it'd be tasty! I've never had jerk chicken but I'm going to have to give that a try.

That looks really good Bill, I’ll bet that smoke foil pack added a lot of flavor! I have some Oakridge Jah Love, I’m gonna try using that for my first attempt. Thanks for the incentive!

Back