Lump source ???

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Im pretty sure my local true-value(or Ace)hardware can order some lump for me, but the nice little old lady behind the counter couldnt quite grasp it's concept...(im in the Boston area where BBQ means something very different that what we discuss here)

Does anybody have its order #, so i could order it by that? and also, has anyone ever used their brand & how was it?

Thanks in advavce

Good afternoon Theo:

When I use lump, I generally have mine shipped in from a company called Peoples Woods in Cumberland, Rhode Island (see their url below). Their lump is charred maple supposedly from Canada. Not trying to enter into a controversy but it seems to impart a very mild, sweet flavor. It's a little pricey but if you really want lump and can't find it anywhere else and since Boston is so much closer to Rhode Island than South Carolina go for it! Good luck.

http://www.peopleswoods.com/

?John

Theo,

If you live near a Bread & Circus (there's one in Boston and a total of 11 in Mass.) they are supposed to have a 100% hardwood charcoal made from recovered scraps from hardwood floor and furniture manufacturing. The parent company, Whole Foods Market, has a reputation for high-quality products, so you might want to check it out. I've never used the product, but I plan to pick up a bag soon.

Here's a link:
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/products/pl_charcoal.html

Regards,
Chris

I wish we were neighbors as I would swap you my big bag of lump for a cold beer - I like Kingsford (twin packs from HD, 10.49, thats 48 pounds of long burning fuel - I hope George W is not going to put a tax on it).

Steve

well, we got Brookline coal & ice, right next to Fenway park(they deliver all woods & lump, go Red-Sox !), the bbq barn in belmont, 3 miles down the road, have heard of ppls wood in RI, good things, but was hoping Ace had a decent product @ a good price, ill let you know if i get any & how it is.

thanks.

Leo:
I too live in the Boston area.
I've found two places locally that
sell the same lump that John mentioned
at Peoples (which I've been to, too).

There's a place in Holliston that sells
it and a place in Concord.

Let me know if you need more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back