Lump in Ct.

Tim Johnson

TVWBB Super Fan
Where does everybody get theirs? I've tried my local HD, but they did'nt have it... Trader Joe's Has Cowboy, but, after reading some reviews, I'm not sure I wanna use it.

Thanks all!

you have to get someone who is really good in lawn and garden. A hard find. In my Home Depot it was moved way up high and they had to get a ladder to get it down. and it was near the patio furnature. and it was Rancher.

Call:

KARP'S TRUE VALUE HARDWARE
485 Hope Street
Stamford, CT 06906
(203) 327-0460

and see if they have any Wicked Good in stock. Ask what other brands they have as well.

Wally may have Royal Oak. Also check to see if they have the Jack Daniels wood chips you may want to try them.

Back around July 4th I got many bags of Rancher from HD in Danbury CT. Haven't been back since but at the time they had a whole Pallet of them out in the Lawn and Garden area.

First time I went I couldn't find it b/c it wasn't with the normal Grill supplies, b/c that would just make to much sense, but rather in the outdoor area next to the mulch.

Cowboy lump plain sux...I tried a couple bags in my kettle over several cooks last summer and was not happy at all.

Thanks for the advice... I bought a couple of bags of Natures Own from a hardware store in monroe... Good stuff, my only complaint being that there was a high percetage of small chunks that just fell thru the grate on my kettle...

The Stew Leonards near me (in Westchester County, NY) carries the Royal Oak lump. There's probably one near you in CT?

Originally posted by Tim johnson:
Thanks for the advice... I bought a couple of bags of Natures Own from a hardware store in monroe... Good stuff, my only complaint being that there was a high percetage of small chunks that just fell thru the grate on my kettle...
Natures own is a very good lump. If you plan on using lump most or all the time you should do the double charcoal grate mod. I have done both of my grills and the WSM with the double charcoal grates.
icon_wink.gif

Tim, I get Royal Oak at Wal Mart and Agway in Southington and I have also purchased Wicked Good Weekend Warrior from Deep's Hardware in Danbury.

Tim, That is correct, If you are coming from 84 east take a right off the Queen St exit I think it is exit 32, Agway will be on your left right after Southington Campers. They are a Weber dealer and they have a nice display that makes me want to break out the credit card every time I'm there.

Back