Lump Charcoal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Gardner

TVWBB Member
Hello Friends,
After months of searching I found a local source for lump charcoal. We have a local supermarket chain called Mac's Fresh Market. I went there this morning to buy Butts and spareribs and found out that they had stacks of Ozark Oak genuine charcoal. It was only $3.49 per 10# bag. Boy am I happy.
By the way the butts came in a two pack at $0.77 per pound and the ribs were 4 downs at $1.79 per pound. They were labeled pure pork no additives.
I'll be smoking the butts for Easter lunch at my in-laws. I think it's aboutm time they were exposed to the joys of pulled pork.
Here's hoping everyone has a happy Easter.
Billy Gardner

Billy,
Those prices sound terrific. And it sounds as if your pretty happy about the lump. My wife is still complimenting me on the butts on did last Friday. The funny thing she say's is, "Whatever you did, don't forget to do, the same thing next time."
I believe the only change I made was to cut back on the smoke wood. This time it had a much sweeter taste than what I have been cooking. Based on that premise, if your in-laws are just experiencing smoke tastes, I advise going a little light the first time out. Stay out of the candy jar, and I hope you have a great holiday weekend.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back