lumo charcoal

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

i am new to smoking and would like some information on where i can get lump charcoal at. i heard green egg lump charcoal if great. any info would be appreciated.

Also does anyone have experience smoking with this type of charcoaol smoker. Please click or paste and cut on the link to view...

smoker

Angel,

Welcome to the forum!! This site is a fabulous place to learn anything and everything about BBQ.

That smoker you point out looks real interesting. I have never seen that brand/type before. The best thing about it, I believe, is the front door access and how easy everything is to get too. The only question I have is how well the charcoal version holds temperature. That's the #1 feature of the WSM...the fact that temperature control is so easy.

I also looked at the gas version and I like that one as well but only because it is bigger. I question the use of the side air dampers on the gas version, though.

I'm interested in hearing what some of the experts have to say about this smoker. Jim, Chris, what say ye?
-----------------------
Mark WAR EAGLE!!

Hi, Angel, good lump charcoal is currently available at Barbecues Galore. Safeway here carries Lazzari (sp) lump. Just look around. Wal-Mart carries some, but I've heard a lot of negative reports about theirs.

As far as the cooker, I don't have any experience with the Great Outdoors brand, but it looks good on the site.

Chris, I hope you don't mind. Angel, you may want to post a query on the Great Outdoors brand on Ray Basso's forum.

BBQ Forum

People on that forum have experience with just about every cooker made. So, it's a good place to ask about a particular brand.

For my money, the WSM is the best cooker of it's kind for the money. The quality of a Weber product is impressive. The customer service is outstanding. And you have this forum to turn to if you have problems and questions.

Whatever your choice, good luck.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Richard C.:
[qb]Chris, I hope you don't mind. Angel, you may want to post a query on the Great Outdoors brand on Ray Basso's forum.

BBQ Forum

[/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Mind? I visit the BBQ Forum about 10 times a day myself. No prob.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back