Lovin' this new to me Q200! Question about ceramic leg spacers?

Brian Moriarty

TVWBB All-Star
Picked up a 5 year old Q200, full 5 gallon LPG tank, bulk hose and cover for $30. The guy selling it said it needed a new regulator as it wasn't heating up like new???

After a thorough cleaning, it fired up on the first shot and I did notice the burner flames not adjusting, so I shut the LPG tank off, removed the hose, opened the control valve for a few minutes then turned it to the OFF position, reattached the hose to the tank and opened it slowly, waited a minute or so, turned the control knob to the START position and again it started on the first punch, and the burner flames adjusted just fine Thank you!

I don't know if anyone has experienced this, but both my Red Q120 and this Q200 had broken ceramic leg spacers that had obviously cracked to pieces when first assembled and when reassembled the drip tray does not move freely. I wadded up a length of Rutland gasket between the legs until I could order replacement spacers, but Weber does not offer them-they come with the replacement legs only.

Just wondering if anyone has another solution? Haven't really dinked around with it to see how hot the firebox gets and if it will be enough to melt the legs at the contact points?

Other than that I'm getting to like this Q!

UPDATE:

Weber does not sell or stock the ceramic spacers between the leg kits and the firebox. I've been using it frequently with the Rutland stove gasket and the legs have shown no heat damage. So far!

Back