Lou Malnati's Pizza on the Smokefire

Dave in KC

TVWBB Wizard
HKBKZ57l.jpg

JQs8Vp6l.jpg

GqWlZ92l.jpg

rNZDwlul.jpg

Best lunch I have had in a while.

I’ll be honest. That doesn’t look overly appetizing haha. It looks like chili. But, looks are half the battle, kinda like women. I’ll take a slightly less gorgeous woman with a great attitude over a knock out with a bad attitude any day haha.

Dig the red Smokefire. First I’ve seen it

I’ll assume those are somewhat similar to the old Schwanns frozen pizzas I devoured in the thousands (ok maybe not thousands...) as a kid. They were pretty good. Didn’t look like a “traditional” pizza but tasted good.

Lou’s is one of Chicago’s most famous pizza. Weber cooked a bunch on the SmokeFires at the meet and greet they did when they first came out.
I ordered some to try in my first cook. I have to admit I didn’t like the sausage. It’s a big sheet of sausage. I’d get pepperoni next time.
That 49ers SmokeFire is so awesome!!

Lou’s is one of Chicago’s most famous pizza. Weber cooked a bunch on the SmokeFires at the meet and greet they did when they first came out.
I ordered some to try in my first cook. I have to admit I didn’t like the sausage. It’s a big sheet of sausage. I’d get pepperoni next time.
That 49ers SmokeFire is so awesome!!
If you’re up here visiting your friend, hit up Chicago Fire in Palladio. You won’t be let down.

Several years ago I was staying in Lincolnshire IL for work, so visited Lou Malnati's in Buffalo Grove. Great pie with huge chunks of sausage!

Cooking frozen pizzas or fresh ones like Papa Murphy's seems to be a thing now.

I lived in Elk Grove Village. There was a Lou Malnati's next to the Clark Super 100 station I pumped gas at as a high schooler.
It was good, but I was never a big fan. Never could get with the cheese under the sauce. The presentation of the pizza sizzling in the cast iron pan, and the waitress serving you, was kinda nice.
The kids would go to Jake's on the other side of town for the thin crust cut into squares

I lived in Elk Grove Village. There was a Lou Malnati's next to the Clark Super 100 station I pumped gas at as a high schooler.
It was good, but I was never a big fan. Never could get with the cheese under the sauce. The presentation of the pizza sizzling in the cast iron pan, and the waitress serving you, was kinda nice.
The kids would go to Jake's on the other side of town for the thin crust cut into squares
Hey Scott, the Lou Malnati's is still there and I still get it on a fairly regular basis. I like thin crust pizza too, but Malnati's is the best!

Back