Loose lid vent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Massaro

TVWBB Fan
Hi, my 26 is coming up on a year in June and has been used often, well maintained and kept covered. I have noticed that the lid vent has become loose in the sense that it rotates very easily, much looser than new. Is this normal? Temp control is ok.

Someone had a good tip on using the thin metal wire from a bread-tie. Wrap it between the rivet and vent a few times to add some friction.

Tim

they will come loose with use. you can tighten it up by putting a hammer on one side of the rivet and tapping the other side with a hammer. don't overdo it. or drill the rivet out and instal some ss hardware.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">or drill the rivet out and instal some ss hardware </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Absolutely!

if you use ss hardware, there are no easily gotten locking nuts and you do not want to use locking washers, just flat washers. a trick is to lightly bang on the bolt/screw threads a bit so the damaged threads will jam the nut a bit. works great. get ss 1/4-20 pan head screws.

Just call weber and get some of those cool nuts they have for this purpose. I use a SS bolt and their nut. Even though the weber nut is not stainless it won't rust on the inside.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back