Looky what I found at Costco

Local grocery apparently has some beef ribs on sale right now. I'm going to have to stop and see what, if any, is left. I've only ever cooked pork ribs and would really like to give beef a try.

Finally got some at another Costco. They even had trimmed ones. I got the slab and forced a high heat on them due to GF time issues. Came out good. One package i tossed. It was not vac seal. Or tight, sealed but baggy. Wasn't worried but I got a slight smell off it. Darn. Had to toss.

The ribs were good. Not to be outdone, the lady of the house has twice made pork belly in several different ways. Anytime i do something she considers it an affront to her absolute mastery and domain. So she rings out the talent and skill, along with ingredients most of us have never seen. Puts together a meal that lays down the gauntlet. We usually get the kitchen back in a week. It does have its perks though. If we want something we just fumble and she scoops in and voila done.
Unfortunately she will not buy Costco pork belly cause she wants the skin. After seeing her clean it, i know my eyes are no longer good enough to see the xxx to pull out. I think that is why Costco does not sell them with skin

Attachments

• 20201001_115921.jpg
    20201001_115921.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 11
You cooked em? How were they?
They were quite good. I was unhappy with myself in that I did not do a good job on them. I had put them on the grill knowing I needed so many hours to get them done properly. Only to realize after beginning I had misread the clock by 2 hours. So while cooked "safely" I did not cook them long enough to get them as tender as I wanted

Back