Looks like Weber is bringing the Pulse 2000 to the US, but...

I have a friend that uses a masterbuilt electric smoker. He loves it, i admit the ribs i had off it were pretty darn good. I would consider it if i lived where i was not allowed to use my WSM.

278 sq. in. Weber cant be serious; they did not even bother to adapt the bigger Q 3200 to have a larger cooking area, $900 absolutely not.
Really this is for a vegetarian or someone that cooks 3 oz worth of meat.
I refuse to believe this is a “grill” it cannot be classified as such, grill is the wrong word for it.
There is just no possible way to get enough power to a grill to create enough heat for a grill any bigger than that unless you can use 220v power. It is probably going to be a bit underpowered as it is.

I have a friend that uses a masterbuilt electric smoker. He loves it, i admit the ribs i had off it were pretty darn good. I would consider it if i lived where i was not allowed to use my WSM.
Smokers use much less heat and thus require much less power to run them. There are actually quite a few electric smokers out there. I actually used a Q140 electric for camping for two years. I figured since I was paying for the camp site with electricity, I might as well use it. Plus, it meant I didn't have to lug a big extra 20lb tank around or a bunch of 1lb tanks. Anyway, the grill cooked OK, but I was more than happy when I switched back to propane. Since then, I tapped into the camper propane line and installed a quick connect on the back of the camper that I can plug the Q1000 into. The only downside with this system is that I have to pay for the couple bucks worth of propane that I use now on a camping trip. ;)
Slow heat up times is another downside to the electric Q grills....maybe the Pulse will be better at that.

Probably. I suppose they have engineers working to eek as much grilling space out of one 115V - 15 or 20 amp they can, but every inch of grilling surface requires that much more heat from the heat source to get it hot and keep it hot.

In my youth I owned first camping and then full-sized kettles, then Genesis II and III. Eight years ago we were doing a remodel and had no kitchen, so we bought Vermont Castings so that we could have a rotisserie grill and side burner outside. Big mistake! The grill itself worked fine, and given what we paid we wanted the most out of it, but now is time to replace it.
Where we live, solar power, both from the grid and from our own panels (part of the remodel) is increasingly cheaper than gas. Also (hot-button alert) it is clear to me that burning fracked gas is changing our climate. So I am looking at electric (from wind and solar) grills and the soon-to-come Pulse seems to fit the bill. I promise that will be cooking beef, chicken, turkey, lamb and fish alongside asparagus, peppers, mushrooms and more.
My question are these:
  1. When will the Pulse 2000 be available in the US?
  2. The reviews say that it has no thermometer, but the assembly video shows something being inserted into a hole in the lid. Is that a thermometer available as an accessory?
  3. BBQGuys seems to have it ready to ship now. Is this legit?
Thanks for any advice.

In my youth I owned first camping and then full-sized kettles, then Genesis II and III. Eight years ago we were doing a remodel and had no kitchen, so we bought Vermont Castings so that we could have a rotisserie grill and side burner outside. Big mistake! The grill itself worked fine, and given what we paid we wanted the most out of it, but now is time to replace it.
Where we live, solar power, both from the grid and from our own panels (part of the remodel) is increasingly cheaper than gas. Also (hot-button alert) it is clear to me that burning fracked gas is changing our climate. So I am looking at electric (from wind and solar) grills and the soon-to-come Pulse seems to fit the bill. I promise that will be cooking beef, chicken, turkey, lamb and fish alongside asparagus, peppers, mushrooms and more.
My question are these:
  1. When will the Pulse 2000 be available in the US?
  2. The reviews say that it has no thermometer, but the assembly video shows something being inserted into a hole in the lid. Is that a thermometer available as an accessory?
  3. BBQGuys seems to have it ready to ship now. Is this legit?
Thanks for any advice.
We just watched a really good documentary on soil management, farming, live stock, and global warming. The interesting thing is how unlike other info, it says how vital live stock is to solving the soil and global warming problem, but only if done right, and is pasture raised. I highly recommend the film.
We watched it on Netflix. We always try to buy pasture raised eggs, and grass fed beef, but Costco prime filets and briskets are so yummy. Lidle by us has great deals weekly on grass fed beef steaks, london broils, and lamb (comes from Australia which only pasture raises lamb) so I do get a lot of of our meat there. Also at $3 /lb Trader Joes has heritage pasture raised chickens which are hard to find.

278 sq. in. Weber cant be serious; they did not even bother to adapt the bigger Q 3200 to have a larger cooking area, $900 absolutely not.
Really this is for a vegetarian or someone that cooks 3 oz worth of meat.
Hi Chris, jumping in late here but doing some electric grill research (have no choice - stuck with building rules). Let's say the Q2400 with stand and the Pulse 1000 (not the 2000) were roughly the same price. Is the Pulse any quality of a cooker better - in your opinion - than the 2400? As far as I can tell - I'm a newbie - the only difference would be the iGrill doo-hickey which I am not sure isn't replaced by a good thermometer? Then again, I'm a newbie so I don't think I have a handle on it all.

Back