Looking for Turkey Fryer, Seafood Boil, Country Ham Cooker, etc. for outside

Jeff Boudman

TVWBB Wizard
Looking for Turkey Fryer, Seafood Boil, Country Ham Cooker, etc. for outside. It appears that a lot of products are inferior. All recommendations would be appreciated.

The turkey fryer I bought at Home Depot worked just fine when I was into frying turkeys, but the oil is insanely expensive, I'd rather BBQ my turkey. It's better (imho) tasting and you don't have to come out of pocket $50 for oil

The turkey fryer I bought at Home Depot worked just fine when I was into frying turkeys, but the oil is insanely expensive, I'd rather BBQ my turkey. It's better (imho) tasting and you don't have to come out of pocket $50 for oil
Same here. The oil is too much, and regardless of what they say, saving it is almost impossible. I gave mine to my sister, she uses it to boil down maple syrup.

Having said that, if you buy look for one with short, widely spaced legs. They're more stable.

It's to be used for Low Country Boils, Fish Fries, and Country Hams. The main thing is -I need a really good stock pot.

I used to deep fry turkeys for years, never had a fire or a spill but the peanut oil got pretty expensive so I looked at a infomercial for a "Big Easy". The turkeys turn out as good or better than deep-fried and no oil to mess with. I also picked up some of the wire shelves, and they allow for cooking lots of other stuff. I paid $89 for it shipped from Lowes. Won't go back to deep frying after using the Big Easy.

I got a Bayou Classic Stainless steel outdoor brew stove. It's $100 but very sturdy. I picked up an Imusa 32 quart seafood steamer with basket for about $30 at Walmart. It has a glass lid which makes me nervous, but plan on getting a bigger stainless steel pot in the future. I only use it for low country boils. I line a 26" plastic water heater pan with a dollar store plastic table cloth and dump everything in. Here's your plate

image.jpg1_zpsbmjhmeuc.jpg

Back