Looking for guidance - Stick with my Q? Or take on a Genesis restoration?

Question about the clean-out tray - I see that the number series grills with the 8+5 bars don’t have the tray listed on the grillparts site, but neither do the 2000-2001 Gold B/C with five bars. Did they continue to use the same tray even after they went to the five bar setup? Or are there two older trays that aren’t available? Or does grillparts just not have the tray listed for the Gold B/C from the first two years?

Question about the clean-out tray - I see that the number series grills with the 8+5 bars don’t have the tray listed on the grillparts site, but neither do the 2000-2001 Gold B/C with five bars. Did they continue to use the same tray even after they went to the five bar setup? Or are there two older trays that aren’t available? Or does grillparts just not have the tray listed for the Gold B/C from the first two years?
I believe they used the same tray on those grills as the the earlier genesis 1000 -5000. Part #40968012 is the tray you can no longer buy. The silver and later platinum models used part #99250 drip trays, which are still available. In any case, you can repair the older drip trays with high heat jb weld and then repaint them. I have done it and it works/looks pretty good.

Back