Looking for a smoking partner in Connecticut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Babek

TVWBB Pro
Wondering if anyone here is from Connecticut. Would like to find a local to get together with and trade tips and tricks and have a few beers with. My wife is totally fed up with all my BBQ talk. She says Im obsessed...LOL. Of course Im obsessed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim Babek:
My wife is totally fed up with all my BBQ talk. She says Im obsessed...LOL. Of course Im obsessed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome to the club Jim. I hear the same thing yada yada yada
icon_rolleyes.gif
Bryan

I hear the same thing from my wife, but all that stops when the BBQ hits the table, then she eats more than she does with any other kind of meal.

Try going for a while without BBQing (I know, it's almost impossible). I did and Saturday my wife comes home with three slabs of back ribs and asks if I could just possibly cook these. Yes ma'am, I sure can!
icon_biggrin.gif

Whew....I thought only my wife complained. But like you said...when it hits the table, they all shut up!

Nick P.

Jim,
I'm not sure what part of CT you're in, but I know a BBQ team out of Norwalk that only uses WSMs, and they take mentor-ees when they go on the road for comps. I'm about a good hr. ride to the CT border, maybe a road trip is in order at some time
icon_rolleyes.gif

Sounds good Erich. I live in Essex CT, down by the water so for me its about an hour to the MA border. I saw in a pic on another site there is a team about 15 minutes from my house in Haddam CT. They call themselves the hogaholics but have no way of contacting them. Ive seen old posts from members here that live in CT but they were newbies and havent posted in about a year.

I must be lucky my wife doesn't complain, she even asks me to try some new recipes. I've been BBQ'n and grilling 4-5 times a week.
icon_eek.gif
Wait a minute I thing something 's going on here.
icon_wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back