Looking for a salt-free brisket rub...

Willie (Green Bay)

TVWBB Member
Doing my first smoked brisket on the WSM this weekend using my new Fireboard 2 setup and I'm looking for a good salt-free beef rub.
My wife has Menieres disease so she can't have any salt on/in her food.

Does anyone have a recipe they could share of a good salt-free rub (homemade or store bought) that taste good and will give the brisket a nice bark?

Hi Willie, I am assuming that you checked all the salt-free rubs already posted here?

@Joan I saw your recent post, but like other post, i haven't seen or don't recall seeing any that folks really vouched as being a good beef/brisket sorta rub.
I recently read some article about the Hardcore Carnivore Black rub which sounded exciting until i saw the sodium content.

I have zero cooking skills or creativity when it comes to recipes so i rely on what others have come up with or store bought rubs.

No...i'll look it up now.

Any experience replacing salt in rub recipes with No-Salt which is potassium chloride? My wife uses that for cooking now and it's also what we've switched to for our home water softener. Just curious if that has any adverse effects for smoking.

Back