Looking for a Green Silver B Lid

Dave_C

TVWBB Fan
I have both a Genesis Silver A and B, my Silver A has a Green Lid and I would like to change my Silver B Black lid to the Green lid so I have a matching pair.
If anybody has the Green lid there interested in selling I am willing to make a road trip, or if you have any contacts I could get in touch with it would be greatly appreciated!! I actually have a Green lid but it has a chip in the top and I would like to find one in a little better shape. I would also be willing to work a trade deal on the Silver B black or green lid I have. Here's a picture of Green my Silver B lid with the chip that I want to replace.

Attachments

• grill.png
    grill.png
    952.3 KB · Views: 19
Most of my rehabs this year were green lids. I don't know what the deal was, but green lids were everywhere.
Here is the last grill I did.

I actually have a Green Genesis Platinum II lid, but, I made a nice chip in it when I was transporting it.

I have this one sitting in my yard next to the driveway now and likely have one or two more out back

20200825_085310.jpg

Markets seem to be so different. I have tried to sell grills with green lids before with no luck. SS and black yes. But green no one wants in my area. Same for maroon. I had a maroon and green lid left over and just gave them away. And even then it took a while till someone actually wanted to get them for free.

Yah, you guys out there looking for parts willing to drive hundreds of miles for them is unnecessary. If you just bide your time and keep tabs on CL and FB MP and other sales sites, you usually be able to find what you are looking for in short order. You might have to buy an entire grill to get the lid or whatever, but then you have other spare parts too. And it will usually cost a whole lot less than trying to ship a lid or drive 300 miles to get one.
But, hey, Wisconsin weather in September is absolutely awesome, so if you want to drive out here, that is cool too.

Not many old grills offered for sale anymore in my neck of the woods. Either they don't exist anymore or or people don't sell. Not sure. Although I stopped restoring I still keep looking out of curiosity. This year I have hardly seen any older x000 or Silver/Gold for sale here in the Dallas area. Maybe 10 to 15 in total in the past 8 months. And is probably over estimated. And then these are mostly crazy expensive at $100 -$200 unrestored. I have seen many sidewinders and later motels but also crazy expensive at $300 to $500. Nothing to flip with a profit.

Yah, you guys out there looking for parts willing to drive hundreds of miles for them is unnecessary. If you just bide your time and keep tabs on CL and FB MP and other sales sites, you usually be able to find what you are looking for in short order. You might have to buy an entire grill to get the lid or whatever, but then you have other spare parts too. And it will usually cost a whole lot less than trying to ship a lid or drive 300 miles to get one.
But, hey, Wisconsin weather in September is absolutely awesome, so if you want to drive out here, that is cool too.

I'd make the drive just to see the grilling rehab operation you got going on at Fort Bruce!

Someone should start a business selling old Weber parts. Some people would just rather pay than go through the hassle of searching Marketplace for a used grill and meeting up with a stranger. Be interesting to see what someone would pay for say a blue Genesis lid if you put it up on Ebay.

Last edited:
It’s crazy how many good grills are in my area for free or dirt cheap. But I live in the burbs of a big city. I figure it’s getting towards the end of summer and this COVID lockdown has people with more time on their hands and there is lots of cleaning and purging going on.

If the government gets back to work at some point and finally passes another stimulus bill with direct payments to tax payers, keep your eyes open, combined with clearance prices on grills at the big box stores, there should be a push of people buying things like new grills, which means the old 20 year old Weber has to go.

It’s crazy how many good grills are in my area for free or dirt cheap. But I live in the burbs of a big city.

There's more than a dozen of those late 90s, early 2000s Genesis Silver/Gold grills posted today on CL and FBM for Denver metro. A couple of redheads and one green. Plus many more newer Spirits and Genesis.

The supply is pretty consistent around here. Some might be listed as high as $200-250, but probably end up going for much less.

Last edited:

Back