Long time lurker

I read and followed many tips on this board to replace various parts and keep it going. It needs some cosmetic stuff and one day I’ll figure out how to add another swing up table, but it’s damn solid. I also have a Summit S620 and I like this Genesis better.

It is tough to tell, but it doesn't look like that frame has the brackets necessary to hold the right side table up. If it did, it would just be a matter of acquiring a right side table and pivot rod along with a right side handle that has the bracket for the rod.

I redid several of them last year. I have a Silver A green head in the garage and I have a green head Silver B in the driveway waiting for attention as well. THey seem to do pretty well on the resale end. Not my favorite though.

The greenie was pretty popular around here, I know of a handful of owners. Brother who has gone to the pellet side (pre Smokefire) has one and he bought one for my brother in law some twenty years ago. He’s in Pittsburgh.
I wish BIL would do a real deep cleaning and give it a tune up. He’s too far from here for me to do it for him but...

Last year I replaced the burner tubes, igniter, Flavorizer bars and grates. Plan to get a rotisserie kit for it at some point, though I’m not sure what part number or if it’s still made for this grill.

I use this unit for pretty much everything—roasts, whole chickens, the standard burgers, steaks, vegetables etc. I don’t understand why people complain about the burners running east to west, if anything I think it makes for more even coverage, and I’ve never had any trouble doing indirect grilling.

Sooner or later I’ll take the cook box off to repaint everything.

Larry: The part #'s for the two Weber Rotisseries made for your grill are #9890 and #9891. The #9890 is the most popular. They are still around. Watch for them on CL and FB MP. Otherwise, you can try Ebay, but shipping makes it tough to get one for a decent price.

Rotisserie.jpg

Back