login problems

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Well, this is the second time i cant post because it says i'm not logged in. What is happening here? Anyone else have these problems> Jerry

Jerry,

If you're not logging out yourself, then it means that the "cookie" that the bulletin board writes to your PC hard drive indicating your login status is either getting corrupted or deleted.

I don't know how "cookies" get corrupted, but they will be deleted if you delete all the content in your Temporary Internet Files folder.

The only solution I know of is to:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> Log in by clicking the "login" link at the top left of the homepage.
<LI> Click "my profile" at the top of the page, then click "Delete All Cookies Set by This Forum".
<LI> Go back to the homepage and log in again.
[/list]
This process puts a new "cookie" on your PC and should solve the problem...until the cookie gets deleted or corrupted again.
Regards,
Chris

I had a similar problem. That's why I created a "test" thread. Hope I didn't use poor nettiquette in doing that!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madbbqer:
[qb]I created a "test" thread. Hope I didn't use poor nettiquette in doing that![/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No, that's fine, but I delete them pretty quickly, so don't be surprised if they disappear. In fact, yours will be gone by the time you read this.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back