Little slow here, just had to add something

You miss a very basic point….

It’s a charcoal grill, in a pellet section.

Rocket science this isn’t. Pay attention gentlemen
I guess you think some of us (me since you quoted) don't know how to read?
I've been a member since 2008 and kinda know how the forums work.:rolleyes:

🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️ May I bow in the presence of such wisdom and esteem, it’s an honor….2008. Wow. 🙄

Clearly you know how it works. That’s why you’re arguing with me about charcoal cooks in the pellet section🤣

I’m just thankful you’re not running this forum. Lighten up Francis.
Guy, why would you tell me to lighten up? I made a pretty innocent reply and you and your cronies jumped on me. Like I’M the one posting nonsense! Come on….

Clearly my mother did not drop me on my head enough times for it to make sense to me, to post a charcoal cook in the pellet section because it’s “slow”. And your response is “Chris can move it if he wants”. That’s not how forums work pal🤣

I spent 6 years running a forum that absolutely dwarfs this place (350,000+ members compared to less than 24,000 here) and you’re right, you would hate me. Because I would have locked this thread, told you to please post in the correct section, and you would have thrown a fit, an absolute temper tantrum. I bailed because it really does get old babysitting grown men.

Want to help this section? Post some pellet cooks. Post something productive, something actually RELEVANT to the topic at hand, not “oooh look at my charcoal!! Ahhh!” Because not everyone has a charcoal, and maybe they just focus on the Smokefire section because it contains….well primarily Smokefire and pellet content. I know, I know, you don’t like that. Charcoal Master Darian in the Pellet Section, that’s what I’ll call you. Welcome to our side, or……

Posting a charcoal cook in the pellet section to spur it on, is akin to me walking into the hardware store, asking to see the red chips so I can see the shades to pick from, and being handed the blues. Yeah they’re both paint, but different.

Guy, why would you tell me to lighten up? I made a pretty innocent reply and you and your cronies jumped on me. Like I’M the one posting nonsense! Come on….

Clearly my mother did not drop me on my head enough times for it to make sense to me, to post a charcoal cook in the pellet section because it’s “slow”. And your response is “Chris can move it if he wants”. That’s not how forums work pal🤣

I spent 6 years running a forum that absolutely dwarfs this place (350,000+ members compared to less than 24,000 here) and you’re right, you would hate me. Because I would have locked this thread, told you to please post in the correct section, and you would have thrown a fit, an absolute temper tantrum. I bailed because it really does get old babysitting grown men.

Want to help this section? Post some pellet cooks. Post something productive, something actually RELEVANT to the topic at hand, not “oooh look at my charcoal!! Ahhh!” Because not everyone has a charcoal, and maybe they just focus on the Smokefire section because it contains….well primarily Smokefire and pellet content. I know, I know, you don’t like that. Charcoal Master Darian in the Pellet Section, that’s what I’ll call you. Welcome to our side, or……

Posting a charcoal cook in the pellet section to spur it on, is akin to me walking into the hardware store, asking to see the red chips so I can see the shades to pick from, and being handed the blues. Yeah they’re both paint, but different.
You sound like a very important person in your own mind. You don’t have to be rocket scientist to know my post was not pushing or pimping another brand/type of cooker. But in your case it was still a fly by…I will type slower next time.
And you did not make a pretty innocent reply. You tried to take on the role of forum administrator. And it seems, in your own mind, you could still do it better. You could have easily ignored it knowing it was only 1 post but your ego couldn’t let it go. And like I said, if the admin wished to move or delete my post it would not bother me at all.
Your above response is total exaggeration and you should take some of your own advice and post a cook or something useful.
I wouldn’t go as far as Charcoal Master, but that’s the closest you have come to fact yet.

Come on guys, not that I don't enjoy a good fight but this is silly. I didn't even pay attention to where this was posted as it's all the same to me. I'm not in to posting pictures of my food but don't mind looking at yours. I also don't care what kind of a grill you use, I cook everything on an old Genesis 1000 and am quite content to do so. About the only thing that does bother me is when newbies resurrect old threads to ask for help or to try and get parts for their own grills. I don't know why, but this reminds me of an episode of SpongeBob. My kids were watching this show when they were little and I actually enjoyed it myself.

Come on guys, not that I don't enjoy a good fight but this is silly. I didn't even pay attention to where this was posted as it's all the same to me. I'm not in to posting pictures of my food but don't mind looking at yours. I also don't care what kind of a grill you use, I cook everything on an old Genesis 1000 and am quite content to do so. About the only thing that does bother me is when newbies resurrect old threads to ask for help or to try and get parts for their own grills. I don't know why, but this reminds me of an episode of SpongeBob. My kids were watching this show when they were little and I actually enjoyed it myself.

Can I ask why? I kind of thought that was part of the reason for the forum - to help newbies.
Not trying to start trouble at all, I'm just curious why that bothers you. :)

Can I ask why? I kind of thought that was part of the reason for the forum - to help newbies.
Not trying to start trouble at all, I'm just curious why that bothers you. :)
Brenda, I enjoy helping people out with their questions and problems. Everyone here has been helpful to me as well. I just think when you join here you should start a new thread to introduce yourself and then ask for the help, not resurrect someone else's old post from five years ago or whatever.

Brenda, I enjoy helping people out with their questions and problems. Everyone here has been helpful to me as well. I just think when you join here you should start a new thread to introduce yourself and then ask for the help, not resurrect someone else's old post from five years ago or whatever.
Ah, okay gotcha! Thanks for the reply. :)

Yeah agree as it gets real confusing

This is getting ridiculous! And I’m sorry the “Lighten up Francis” statement was made in good fun, you really need to go watch “Stripes”
I’m moving on…
Stripes…classic movie, but showing my age.lol
Fantasy bucket list…play golf with Bill Murry, Chevy Chase and John Daly and Tiger Woods as caddy.

It’s a fine line for new members. Some get jumped for not using the search option first and just jumping in asking the same question that has been asked many times in the past not taking the time to search forum first. It’s exciting getting into a new grill and hobby.

Back