LinkMeter v7 Release

I'm trying to do the update but getting error.. went to system->software and copied the link where it says download and install packages but then
getting this error. Any idea as to why? My mac and HM are both connected to same router. My mac gets to the internet fine and connects to the HM. I'm assuming the HM has access to the internet. Not sure how to verify. Here is the error:

Downloading http://capnbry.net/linkmeter/snapshots/bcm2708/packages/linkmeter_7_brcm2708.ipk.
wget: bad address 'capnbry.net'
Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://capnbry.net/linkmeter/snapshots/bcm2708/packages/linkmeter_7_brcm2708.ipk, wget returned 1.

You could try to ping google.com from the diagnostics page. If that works, try capnbry.net. If that doesn't work (which I'm nearly certain if the first works, the second should) you can edit /etc/hosts and add an entry:
71.100.233.140 capnbry.net

Thanks for the tip. I tried that and was able to ping IP but not hostname. I suspect this is related to the fact that I changed the original configuration from a wireless client to a wireless access point and then yesterday back to the original wireless client. When I switched back from static IP to DHCP client, is it possible something in the DNS configuration didn't switch back correctly? I've looked thru the DNS settings but not sure which setting is incorrect. Should there be something in the DNS forwarding box? right now just example.org/10.1.2.3 is there.

BTW, the reason that I switched from wireless access point back to client is so that the HM would have internet access so I could perform updates, etc. There may have been an easier way to do it. I really prefer to use it as a DHCP client but cook away from home mostly and my phone doesn't tether *yet*...

If you had switched it to AP mode, did you install/start dnsmasq? If so it may be messing with your DNS settings when it starts. I don't even know where that DNS forwarder setting is.

Edit: Did I end up posting this in the wrong thread? DOH!
Moved post to the proper thread, sorry....

Last edited:

Back