LinkMeter v2 Homebrew BBQ Controller - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, within minutes the distributer websites crashed. I was lucky enough to get the announcement page about 3 minutes before the scheduled time and then to the RS site without much hassle.

Originally posted by E. Fox:
placed my raspberry pi preorder this morning. ready if this is ever ported over to it in the future
icon_smile.gif
You lucky S.o.B.! I also tried forever and got nothing. EDIT: I'm also on the mailing list and didn't even get a notification. Glad I signed up for that! I think in another month or so there will be a lot more stock and another month after that you'll probably be able to buy as many as you want. Optionally, there might be knockoffs on DealExtreme or something for $20 before then.

I've already started on a board design that would have most of the components on the underside of the board and allow to you just stack the LCD right on top. The fan, probe, and power connectors are also integrated as well as the piezo alarm which is like 70 ear-piercing dB if you're working 3 inches from it. The overall height of the two boards here ars 0.54" + 0.0625" + 0.52" + 0.0625" = 1.185", with the LCD entirely on the inside of the enclosure. (Enclosure dimensions not included)

From the pictures I've seen now of the production boards, it looks like the connectors protrude a *lot* though so these dimensions may not be practical. The good news is that there's no need to Optiboot a chip either, because the Pi has SPI bus master capability.

Originally posted by Andrew Meimann:
I would like to order the boards from DorkBot but when I click on the link for cam output i get a page not found error.
Which link did you use that didn't work? I'd like to fix it but all the links I checked worked.

On the github website under the heatermeter hardware section there is a "DorkBot cam job or cam output" bullet. When I click on cam output I get a "Not Found" error. I also get this error when I click on the "Zip containing all the above" bullet. I have tried this on a couple of different computers.

Originally posted by Andrew Meimann:
On the github website under the heatermeter hardware section there is a "DorkBot cam job or cam output" bullet. When I click on cam output I get a "Not Found" error. I also get this error when I click on the "Zip containing all the above" bullet. I have tried this on a couple of different computers.
Ah they're pointing to the wrong directory. Fixed, thanks!

Originally posted by Kyle Christensen:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NickH:
It would appear that you can pre-order a Raspberry Pi now from http://www.newark.com/jsp/sear...=83T1943&Ntt=83T1943. They show an expected shipping date of April 3rd.

One thing I noticed: It's $35, but the product number leads me to believe that it's the lesser "A" model which is supposed to be $25. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure how they setup the product number but under the features it does claim 2 USB ports + an ethernet port, which is just on the model "B".

Originally posted by NickH:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kyle Christensen:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NickH:
It would appear that you can pre-order a Raspberry Pi now from http://www.newark.com/jsp/sear...=83T1943&Ntt=83T1943. They show an expected shipping date of April 3rd.

One thing I noticed: It's $35, but the product number leads me to believe that it's the lesser "A" model which is supposed to be $25. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure how they setup the product number but under the features it does claim 2 USB ports + an ethernet port, which is just on the model "B". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I suppose it does. I might have to order one and find out.

I am a new member and have been following the build for awhile. I have a LinkMeter V3.1 running. The only problem I am having is downloading the Eagle files for the button board. It says they are not Eagle files when I try to open them. Do you have Eagle files for the button board or any for sale? It is a fantastic build!! This is my only issue thanks to all the previously answered questions. Thanks again everybody!

Originally posted by Phillip Koken:
I can't figure out what the polarity should be for the board mounted LED.
If this is a V3.2 board, there should be a tiny little + sign on the top right of the LED placement to indicate that the anode (long LED lead) goes in the upper hole. The easiest way to verify which LED PCB hole is which is to take a multimeter and test between each pin and GND. The cathode pin of the LED is directly connected to ground.

Originally posted by Dave Johnson, CO:
I am a new member and have been following the build for awhile. I have a LinkMeter V3.1 running. The only problem I am having is downloading the Eagle files for the button board. It says they are not Eagle files when I try to open them.
The EAGLE files for the button board in git under the eagle directory open just fine for me. Oh wait, make sure you're using EAGLE 5.9.0 too. I see they have a newer version and I'd hate to think they don't support loading a 5.9 file.

I must be looking in the wrong place, I don't see .brd files for the button board. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks

Hey guys,

So I've received all the parts to build this thing. I am really excited! I just finished building the button board and soldered the LCD wires/connectors. I am waiting for the PCB boards which should arrive early next week. I will be picking up a WRT54G today and begin work on it while I get the PCB board delivered. Anyhow, here is my first question. Where should I start with the router? I found this mini-tutorial (if you would) from Bryan on a previous forum for the HM:

http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/...103/m/7691098906/p/4

Are these steps still relevant? Any major changes since this post? Reason I ask is that I read many posts on people who have bricked their router, and I'd hate to do that. Your help/input & advice is greatly appreciated!

Edwin Gonzalez

The Wiki installation page points to hm.hex but the file is not called that any longer. We may need to update the Wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back