Line X for Summit Cart?

Derrick Orlando

TVWBB Member
I've got an old Summit S-470 that I picked up off of Craigslist about 10 years ago for $300 and it is still running perfect. The only thing I've replaced were the cart wheels. I keep the grill covered, but I'd like to do something to the cart for rust protection as the bottom panel (beneath propane tank) is a getting little rusty and the paint is coming off. The rest of the frame looks good and I'd like to keep it that way. Has anyone done or thought about applying the Line X truck bed spray on coating on the inside and outside of the cart? I know this might sound extreme given the other weaknesses the grill has, but I'd like to keep it for years to come.

Derrick. I have thought of that as well. If you do decide to go that route, I would consider something like Herculiner....DIY bed liner. It may not be as nice as LineX or Rhino Liner, but I have it in my pick up bed and it works great. It is sure a whole lot cheaper. They even make spray on bedliner in cans, but I cannot attest to how well that will hold up. But, then it is just a grill. You won't be hauling patio bricks in it.

Back