Limit on Temp probes Stoker

Jim Bloomfield

TVWBB Super Fan
While setting up for a cook tomorrow I ran into something interesting. I am setting up two Smokers. A 18 and 22 WSM.With a 5 cfm and 10 cfm fans.A temp probe for each pit and two food sensors for each pit. Just for fun I tried to add another temp probe to read the outside temp. It would not work. It would notice it sometimes. Other times it would make a probe read negative temps. Sometimes it would drop half or more the temp probe readings. I tried all different methods of hooking them up. It appears the Stoker has a limit of what it can control and monitor.

I have tried larger configurations without problem.

Were you testing with my program or the browser interface?

I am betting that it is a bad probe, a bad connector, or a wet connection.

I've run 3 fans, 3 pit probes and as many as 9 temperature probes at the same time, with no problems.

Of course since Amir's program isn't set up (YET!!!) to handle 3 fans and pit probes, that did give me problems.
icon_frown.gif
icon_redface.gif

BOB

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob in Fla:
I am betting that it is a bad probe, a bad connector, or a wet connection.

I've run 3 fans, 3 pit probes and as many as 9 temperature probes at the same time, with no problems.

BOB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here. Ran 3 pit, 3 meat and 3 fans off the Stoker with no issues at all. Just used the HTTP interface, though.

Back