Like to watch old game shows?

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame

Some weeks ago, I found this channel (7.4) and I have been having a ball watching them and seeing celebrities from years ago.

Some weeks ago, I found this channel (7.4) and I have been having a ball watching them and seeing celebrities from years ago.
Yes, I have watched many episodes of the original Password game show. It was a game that you actually had to be smart to be good at. I enjoy watching the celebrities compete and most of them were very good at it. Different times for sure.

If I recall correctly they would tape a weeks worth of shows in one day.
Rumor has it that they liked to have a few drinks or whatever.

I recently read somewhere that Pat and Vanna are only on set 4 days a month, taping 6 shows per day. No wonder they don’t retire!

Rumor has it that they liked to have a few drinks or whatever.
Now you have me looking at the shows and trying to decide if they have been drinking. lol

I am also having a good time seeing so many celebs. when they were much younger. I am also going crazy trying to recall some of them if I miss their introduction.:unsure:

My least favorite of the old shows is The Newlywed Game. The questions they asked were so personal. I bet a lot of the couples got divorced after the shows.

HA-HA I have been trying to think for days what show GSN was. Dumb me, it finally came to me, Game Show Night:ROFLMAO:
It actually was the Game Show Network. I don't recall if I had satellite ( direct tv ) or cable ( comcast ) then.:)

Correct. I made a couple grand on a TV game show back when I was in college. I was on for two days of broadcast, which were taped back to back. The talent changed clothes, but I had on the same clothes for both shows.

Except for an egregious brain freeze by my celebrity partner (who will remain nameless), I would have been able to pay for all of my college and paid off my loans. Would have saved me a lot of late nights tending bar and waiting tables...

One of these days my star turn will turn up on calbe or the internet. Which my kids would no doubt find hilarious.

Back