Like to sleep through the night

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This is my first post on this part of the Virtulal Weber Bullet. Like the subject line states I do like to sleep through the night and dislike it if I have to tend a fire while I am queing at home. As of now I own a BGE and love it, but I am looking for more cooking area. My first question for all of you is, can I get eight of sleep with a WSM and BBQ a 8lb. pork butt? Or will I need to tend the fire throught the night? Thanks
Gary

Gary
I also have a Large BGE and a few Primo Ovals
and the methods of low and slow cooks are very much alike on a ceramic pit and a WSM.
The longest steady burns are achieved with Kingford. You can get in 7 to 8 hours sleep and not have to worry about the pit going out.

Chris has put the different cooking techniques to achieve this at
www.virtualweberbullet.com
You can get a lot of additional grate area for much less money.
If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.
Jim

Welcome, Gary!

The WSM is a true performer. I like mine so much I now own 2, and for about half the price of a ceramic. That's one big knock against the ceramics.....space.

Chris also has a section on increasing the capactiy of the WSM........

Increasing Capacity

I can attest to many multi-hour cooks....22 hrs. being my longest. All these on 1 load of charcoal. The cooker holds steady at 225? for the entire night...at least once you get some practice.

I use the bottom section for searing my steaks. Use Royal Oak lump, fill up the charcoal ring, place a grill across the fire ring and BINGO! your cooking with lump at high heat.

Here is Chris's section on grilling.....

Grilling on the WSM

All these things, backed by tremendous customer support, make it one of the best values on the market.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim Minion:
[qb]Chris has put the different cooking techniques to achieve this...[/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Here's a direct link to the fire-up topic:

Firing Up Your Weber Bullet

Best regards,
Chris

Gary, You've heard it from da guy's -and I'm not tryin' to blow any more smoke where it don't belong! These guy's have more experience and toys than we both should ever have. Well maybe you can never get enough toy's but, I'm much too young for that kind of experience, what they say about the WSM bullet is true.
When I first started to use one I would -rest- and keep one eye open, now I only do that in competition cause I'm afraid I'm missing something, but they really hold the heat consistently for a reeeally long time. I could get a good offset but I don't see the point. Two bullets does it all in any competition including snacks and grilling. Yeah, maybe I looked like an air traffic controller with bad hair, but it all worked, darn well. When I started I did the four on one bullet -but I was new!
You wont regret adding one to your arsenal, honest.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back