Lid weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun R

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Does anyone know why some lids weigh less than others? I have an old 22 black and an old 22 brown. The brown lid weighs more than the black one and I think the black one is older. As far a cooking I think the heavier lid would be better for radiating heat. Any thoughts?
icon_confused.gif

I had replied to a thread a couple of weeks ago about the lid on the new platinum being light. Folks had said maybe the older lids felt heavier due to the righteous buildup of cooks on the inside of the lids but I still think that Platinum is light, maybe because of the angle of the lift into the slide toward the back instead of the side. I notice no difference in any of the other kettles I own and they have a pretty wide age range.

I don't even use my brown one and it's spotless.
I actually use the black one and it's much lighter. Really odd. I wonder if it is the porcelain coating.

The new brick red (2010) lid I got feels the same as my EE:1999 lid that has a nice layer of carbon build up.

Other than that, dont worry about it, just enjoy the food you make on it.

I hear ya,the thing is I bake on it a lot. I am going to do a test and see if the heavier one does a better job browning the top of whatever I am baking. I will let you guys know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back