Lid rust help?

Treat it with a high temp POR i.e. POR15, Eastwood to name the best. You can then fit the side panels on and see if they cover the chips. If not, you're in luck. That old Genesis red matches perfectly to International Harvester Red. Get some of that in high temp gloss if you can find it. And just dab it in to cover the chip best you can.

I think that those chips will be covered by the lid end caps, but probably best to treat them, especially if the grill will be left outside. I would find some high temp red paint. Por15 and Eastwood may not be able to withstand the heat that area could endure. I imagine VHT has something in red that would look OK, but if it doesn't show with the end caps on, just a basic high temp color would be fine.

I think that those chips will be covered by the lid end caps, but probably best to treat them, especially if the grill will be left outside. I would find some high temp red paint. Por15 and Eastwood may not be able to withstand the heat that area could endure. I imagine VHT has something in red that would look OK, but if it doesn't show with the end caps on, just a basic high temp color would be fine.
Bruce you'll note I mentioned to use the high temp version of those products which do exist

Back