Lid Bale System on OTG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the Slide-Aside, gives you much more room as far as the angle of the lid.

Tim

You're essentially turning the OTG to a MasterTouch (which is no longer made). Question is how to do you get the lid wire piece?

I don't think Weber sells those outright unless you can prove ownership of a grill with a similar setup (old mastertouch or any Performer).

Thanks for the responses fellas. I was able to get one through Weber but I have seen them for sale on the web through an appliance parts dealer.

Shaun, can you provde more details or some pics? Any likes/regrets?

Tim-does the cover fit over the slide aside? I havent seen one in person but they look kind of klunky.

Cool that you got one Stu- I put one on a OTS silver so the the handle wasn't in the way. I was able to get the parts when I told them I was fixing up a used Performer that was given to me.

DSCN1490.jpg

DSCN1488.jpg

Stu, since ya have one just install it. I don't cover mine as it's garage kept, but it's easy to pull off and store on the top grate then cover with the standard OTG cover.

Tim

I did it, I just called Weber and I bought one. Bolted it right on. Was easy. I love it and it works awesome.

Brian

Brian
was this mod on a OTS or OTG. The OTS seems straightforward as illustrated by Tim M. (nice work) but Im not so sure with the double handles. If nothing else, I can find a cheap OTS on CL and give it a try. Thanks all.

FWIW I have the slide-aside on the handle side of the OTG and the handle doesn't get in the way.
Couldn't you mount it on one side away from the handles? Tim's pic's looks like it's far enough away from center.

Tim

Mine was on a OTG, it only had the handle on one side. I have done it on an older one and I just cut the handle off of one side. no biggie. I would much rather have the bale than the handle anyhow,

Brian

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian O'Neal:
Mine was on a OTG, it only had the handle on one side. I have done it on an older one and I just cut the handle off of one side. no biggie. I would much rather have the bale than the handle anyhow,

Brian </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Same here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back