Lemon chicken, for those who don't like spicy

Darren Lebner

TVWBB All-Star
I personally love spicy foods. But some family members and friends simply don't.

So simple. Marinade is brown sugar, BBQ sauce, lemon juice, coarsely ground black pepper, crushed garlic and/or granulated garlic powder.

Thanks to this forum, I bought a vortex several months ago. The first time I used it was for half a Thanksgiving turkey, with the vortex inverted, the coals around the outside of the vortex and the turkey slow cooking over the empty vortex center.

Today's lemon chicken was done with conventional use of the vortex. Removed after all pieces reached a minimum of 167F/75C.

Lemon chicken, 2022-02-18 at 1.39.03 PM.jpeg

Your cook looks great, and your secret is safe with me. I would never try that with Barb, why? because she's a forum member and I have no secrets on here. Probably it's for the best that I fly straight. :unsure:

Your cook looks great, and your secret is safe with me. I would never try that with Barb, why? because she's a forum member and I have no secrets on here. Probably it's for the best that I fly straight. :unsure:

What secret? Have you been hitting the fermented steak sauce again?

Did you mean to respond to @John K BBQ on his thread? If so, again I must ask: Have you been hitting the fermented steak sauce again? That's OK. Your secret is now safe with me.

Back