leftover grill heaven

Paul Warner

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi all, been busy bringing life back into several "vintage" Weber Genesis Silver grills in various
colours and types. Reality is that with numerous donor grills and parts i am putting together
a very usable grill with the leftovers. Today involved getting the frame that was destined for
the trash welded together to form the basis of something useful. Hopefully within 10 days it
will be complete.IMG_1152 Copy.jpg

Looks good. I don’t know that I would’ve put the side table on there just yet, though. That paint is going to be pretty soft for a few days still.

Took a while to figure out what's different about that picture...the casters and stationary wheels are reversed! And there are two manifold "privacy" panels installed.

Ed, some of the privacy panels are wrap around and cover front back and side.
But, I am still trying to process the wheel situation. Did that require drilling new axle holes on the left side of the frame?

Ed, some of the privacy panels are wrap around and cover front back and side.
But, I am still trying to process the wheel situation. Did that require drilling new axle holes on the left side of the frame?
I think Paul put this together out of leftover parts and may have reversed the top section. If it's still bolted up he might be able to flip the top around 180°...but I'm not seeing the bolt heads so I think he might have welded it up like that. It will still work but it might be awkward being that you can't wrap your hands around the frame extensions on that end.

I think I see what you are talking about, the wrap around...I've never seen that before! That is cool!

I seem to deal with more of those. I guess maybe they are most prevalent on Silver B's.

I think you are right in that he took it all the way apart and put the legs back on backwards. No big deal really. But it does look odd to someone that has seen a lot of Weber gas grills with all the big wheels on the right.

So, the frame is from a silver B that has been welded up but the welder unintentionally switched the legs, hence why the wheels look odd. Didn’t think it affected function at all and it looks unique now lol! I also removed the 2 plastic ends to the top frame and inserted tube end caps along with the shelf from a old premium model. Firebox should be back from blasting this week so high heat spraying then assembly. I have choice of lids, black or the green premium. Thinking black, aka stealth edition Genesis silver B platinum leftover grill!!

I wish I could grab that wire rack from you if you are going to replace it with a wood rack.

For a "leftover parts" grill you have some nice parts on it. The Platinum series lid is one of my favorites, and the control panel looks pristine.

Back