Leftover Brisket

Derek D

TVWBB Member
I cooked up a 5lb flat last night for dinner, made some great sammies.

I have a ton of leftovers, wondering what i should do with them. I am having a party on Sunday, so incorporating the leftovers into the party food would be great. Here are some thoughts:

Burnt Ends - Can I just take some chopped brisket, add some sauce, and put them back on the smoker for a few hours?

Saw a recipe on the net for a Nacho type platter.

Nachos Americano

1 platter steak fries
1 cup barbecue style baked beans
2 cups barbecued brisket, chopped
1/2 cup shredded white sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup sweet yellow onions, chopped

I could also use some of the meat in ABTs for the party on Sunday. Has anyone used brisket in ABTs before?

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Derek

Brisket in ABT's is excellent. Probably my personal favorite choice. You can definately heat up the burnt ends, I probably wouldn't do it in the smoker but I would heat them up. Nachos are also a great choice like you say.

Other things to think about are chili, tacos, baked beans, or just simply reheat it and serve it with your regular sides. This would work best if it is not allready pre sliced.

Clark

I smoked a Chuck Roast on Sunday. It was good but not great for sandwiches. Then my wife made enchiladas with store bought sauce. Sprinkled on some Frigo Mozzarella cheese and they were Money! Brisket should work just as well-

Substitute the shredded chuck with chopped brisket! These are great!

2 Leftover Baked Potatoes
1lb Leftover Shredded Smoked Chuck
1 cup Cheddar Cheese
BBQ Rub of your choice
BBQ or Hot Sauce of your choice

Remove the insides of the potatoes with a spoon
Fill with Chuck
Sprinkle with Rub and Drizzle with BBQ Sauce
Sprinkle 1/4 of cheese over each potato boat

Grill indirect at 350* until warmed through and cheese is melted.

*These can be make with pork or chicken as well.

Larry,

Now those look GOOD!
icon_cool.gif

Windy City Smokers

Back