Lee Harvey's Wing Sauces

LeeHarvey

TVWBB Pro
I've recently discovered that I'm apparently skilled at putting together ingredients to make a good wing sauce. For the sake of remembering them, and letting others try them if they want, I'm going to start a thread here.

First three entries:

-----

Honey ginger habanero

One stick salted butter
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp Angry Ginger sauce from Sh' That's Hot

-----

Maple habanero

One stick salted butter
3 oz (6 tbsp) maple syrup
2 oz Trader Joe's habanero hot sauce
1/2 tsp Ceylon cinnamon powder

-----

Garlic chipotle

One stick salted butter
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp chipotle powder
1/2 tsp powdered coriander seed

Sprinkle with cotija cheese after saucing wings

Couple of observations - I'll probably start all of these with a stick of salted butter. It's just how I roll when I'm making any sauce. Also, I may like habanero, but balancing it with sugar really knocks down the heat. Neither of the two with habanero sauce in them was incredibly hot.

I finally got PB&J wings to work. I had them in a hotel bar a while ago - they were okay, but it felt like the chef was going more for novelty value than a good dish. They needed spice, and a lot more attention to detail in composition. This isn’t a finished recipe, but I think it’s good enough to share.

Melt 1 stick salted butter over low heat
Add 1/2 cup natural (nuts and salt are the only ingredients) peanut butter. I used smooth, but crunchy could work, if that’s your deal. Stir until combined and smooth.
Add 1/2 cup jelly. I used cherry & pepper jam, but this is where a person could go as conservative or wild as they saw fit. Again, stir until combined and smooth.
Add 1/4 cup (more or less, depending on how much kick you want) Savannah Bee Company hot honey. You guessed it - stir until combined and smooth.
Toss wings in sauce to coat while everything is still hot. The sauce will congeal as it cools, so it will get clumpy if you try putting it on cold wings. It still tastes great, but you don’t get the nice, uniform coverage.

Lee, so sorry, would have bumped this up sooner for tomorrow, but, I just now saw it. Hope you are going to have wings 🥰

Writing this one down for now. The first go was a salt bomb, and this will be my next trial, so I don’t make any promises just yet.

“Ooh, Mommy!” sauce:

Melt one stick UNSALTED butter over medium heat.

Stir in 2 Tbsp Better Than Bouillon mushroom bouillon paste

Stir in 3 Tbsp Truff hot sauce (black label)

Stir in 1/4 cup Savannah Bee Company hot honey

Stir in 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar

Stir in 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Make sure the sauce simmers at least one minute after everybody’s in the pool to make sure the emulsion is set.

Serve with red wine or dry stout.

“Oooh Mommy” really? I swear that one has got to be one of the worst (best) word game sauce names ever! I will try some of these, the PB&J sounds just crazy enough to be great!

Back