Lebanese Kofta Kebabs - wish me luck

According to this link:

https://www.thespruceeats.com/kabob-koobideh-5224493

"This is where you must forget everything you have been told about making hamburgers, which is to not over-mix and compress the ground meat. When it comes to kabob koobideh, the meat and other ingredients must be kneaded for up to 10 minutes to create a highly homogeneous and somewhat sticky paste that properly sticks to the skewer and holds its shape while grilling."
Chinese cooking has a similar technique when making dumplings. Basically, straightening the proteins so they form a long chain(s). Another method I've learned about is slapping the ground meat. As in mix in one direction only, and then when in a well formed ball, take the ball and slap it onto a work surface: this -
  1. Add in the dice fat, stir, then ‘dat’ the meat mixture. ‘Dat’ is one of my favorite techniques in Chinese cooking. Basically, at this step, you lift up your meat mixture… and slam it down against the bottom of the bowl. Do it continuously, for about a minute. This helps develop springiness in the meat mixture. Why? Not entirely sure, but it seems to work.

Why do you have to stir the filling in one direction only?​

To get the right texture in the filling, it's important to vigorously stir the raw meat filling in one direction to encourage myosin development. Myosin is a sticky, fibrous protein that helps bind the filling and gives it a springy but tender texture. You'll know that you've stirred it enough when the filling gets sticky and cohesive

sorry to go off the rails here but i'm in another rabbit hole, again.

Excellent share @G Mouser !!! thank you!!

Back