Lawry's Creamed Corn

Kevin K

TVWBB Fan
My favorite prime rib place of all time has put out a few of its special recipes. This creamed corn is my personal favorite side dish whenever I get a chance to eat at the restaurant. This is not the same as creamed corn in the can, but rather corn with real cream!

Lawry's Creamed Corn

1 package (22 oz.) frozen whole kernel corn, defrosted and drained
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon Lawry's® Seasoned Salt
3 tablespoons sugar
Dash white pepper
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup flour

In large saucepan, combine corn, cream, milk, Seasoned Salt, sugar and white pepper; mix thoroughly. Heat over medium just until warm. In small bowl, whisk together butter and flour. Slowly add to corn mixture, stirring constantly. Bring just to a boil; quickly reduce heat to low and cook 7 to 10 minutes until slightly thickened

Makes 4 to 6 servings.

For Au Gratin, place corn in 9 or 10 inch shallow casserole dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese and brown under broiler.

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, this is an oldie. One of the earliest posts on this bulletin board, from my old friend Kevin K (that would be Kawahara, not Kruger).

Thanks for bringing this one back up,
Chris

timothy

TVWBB Olympian
I'm not a fan of creamed corn in the can, but this sounds good.
Bryan S had a fried corn one with bacon, which I make on the grill on a CI skillet on occasion which I refer to Bacorn.

Tim

Ray Crick

TVWBB Emerald Member
Tried this over the weekend - very good. I added about 12 dashes of hot sauce to it after tasting it, and the hot sauce enhanced the flavors.

My wife suggested I add about 1/2 tsp vanilla extract next time (based on another recipe she has), so I will try that next time.

BTW, this keeps well and is a great "leftover" the next day. It can easily be made ahead of time for a side for a large group.

Ray