Lavalock Temp Controller reviews

LouieD

Looking for input on this controller for a WSM 18.5.Consistency of stabilizing temp,Longevity,Accuracy of probes.Any info would be appreciated.Thanks

Hello Louie. I was looking at this unit before I decided to go with the Fireboard 2 and fan. I wanted something wireless and use Wi-Fi and this wasn’t. I know there are a few youtube videos that might help you. If I remember right from the videos the unit was ok??? If you are interested. In the Automatic Temperature control system forum, I wrote about the Fireboard 2 and fan. Which I feel is a great product to assist a person in Smoking. As long as the smoker knows how to control the smoker already.
Please If you decide to buy the Lavalock, I would be more than interested on hearing your thoughts and how it works for you!

Last edited:
The Thermoworks was definitely one that I was going to go with. Looks like and sounds like a great product.

I have an old Lavalock ATC2 temp controller on my 18 WSM that is just over five years old. I used it on a drum before that. No Bluetooth, 1 pit temp probe, 3 meat probes. Came with a blower fan. Very simple to operate and the probe temperatures match more expensive thermometers. It will.hold cook temperature within 25 degrees F. Probes are large diameter, but not braided stainless cables, so they discolored over time. It has served me well and made a lot of good food. Currently this unit Is about $157 USD.

Last edited:

Back