Lavalock 22.5” blanket

BrettK

TVWBB Member
image.jpg

I bought this last year for the WSM, and it worked good, but honestly I had better results sticking the smoker in a small woodshed. Only used it twice. Does $100 including shipping seem fair?

Here’s a link to where I got it. I paid $150 for it new.

I've been using 10' x 10' burlap squares for about 35 years. Perfect for a vertical smoker. Solves the problem of the interior smoker heat not coming up to temp in winter. If it's windy or brutally cold, I might use two squares. I've never had to use three. The mesh is loose enough for the smoke and air to get out, and yet it keeps the warmth in. Back in the day, the burlap squares were $10 each. They're probably more now.

I've been using 10' x 10' burlap squares for about 35 years. Perfect for a vertical smoker. Solves the problem of the interior smoker heat not coming up to temp in winter. If it's windy or brutally cold, I might use two squares. I've never had to use three. The mesh is loose enough for the smoke and air to get out, and yet it keeps the warmth in. Back in the day, the burlap squares were $10 each. They're probably more now.
Just now seeing this. What is a burlap square? A roll of burlap? How do you use it?

Thanks!

They sell them at gardening centers and I'm sure you can get them on the internet. They're just squares of burlap with the sides hemmed. Not real cheap though. Just throw it over your vertical smoker like a blanket. It works surprisingly well.

They sell them at gardening centers and I'm sure you can get them on the internet. They're just squares of burlap with the sides hemmed. Not real cheap though. Just throw it over your vertical smoker like a blanket. It works surprisingly well.
Thanks!

If that doesn't work for you...I just so happen to have a blanket made specifically for a WSM, that also works surprisingly well, and I'd be willing to let it go for half price. Just sayin'.

Back